Review: Record of a Spaceborn Few

Record of a Spaceborn Few Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was thinking of rating this book 4 stars all along, but somewhere at around the three-quarters of the story, I got really sucked in. It has such a good vibe. For me, the story was mainly secondary at best and I think this is a perfect example of a story where world-building is the primary goal.

And the author is really good at it. Everything is really believable right to the most minor details. The whole world is alive, and the book goes on like it took several citizens of this world seemingly at random (although most of them cross paths during the story) and just displays their lives for a given amount of time.

It really got me and I never wanted this to end. I felt similar things in the previous books, but all the three are still really different in every way except maybe the tone.

So I really think Becky Chambers deserves all the praise she can get for this one and a load of awards as well. We are witnessing the birth of a sci-fi superstar here.

Read this, everyone.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Silence of the Lambs

Review: Vessel