Review: Vessel

Vessel Vessel by Lisa A. Nichols
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this one as a pick by the Sword and Laser book club. It is always fun to read together and have conversations about the books in the forum. This pick, however, hasn't become my favorite. I really appreciated how it approached the relationships between the characters and that part of the story was very well written. (view spoiler) But the science part somehow didn't come together. First I thought it would be some hard science fiction because of the NASA setting and all, but it quickly turned out to be not true. Many readers criticised the book in the forums because of the "bad" science and that didn't bother me all that much. I was rather lost about the motivation of the characters and somehow the parts involving sci-fi stuff felt a little "sloppy" compared to the parts with the relationship stuff. (view spoiler).

So 3 stars. I liked it, but not super liked it.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Silence of the Lambs